LEAPUK Privacy Statement and Terms
LeapUK is an ethical and quality-focused recruitment consultancy. We source, process and use data every day whether it is client, candidate, or 3rd party supplier, and are committed to complying with GDPR. This document outlines clearly how we generate, store and use our data, and how you can have it removed or deleted should you wish to. This document is reviewed and updated on a regular basis. Last updated 20th April 2018.
With specific permission from you, we store some of your personal data so that we can keep you informed of relevant jobs, assist you in developing your career and improve your success at interview. We also seek permission to store your contact details to keep you informed of future roles and to ask for referrals occasionally. This permission is automatically given if you:
• Submit your CV / information to us or apply for a job through the LeapUK website.
• Apply for jobs through a contracted 3rd party job board where we advertise our roles.
• Upload your CV / information to a public job board CV Database to which we have contracted access.
We will specifically ask for signed permission to source, process and use your information if we have approached you through any other channel, including but not restricted to the following:
• Google / Search Engine
• Network / client / candidate referrals
• Industry Press or Targeted Headhunting
The data we hold usually comprises of your contact details and CV, but may also include identity documentation (passport details etc) if required for certain roles and occasionally (if we have paid you directly), financial information and bank details that will enable us to provide our service to you.
Sensitive Personal Data: We will process sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions, ethnic origin and health data, amongst other things for our internal records, in the context of equal opportunity monitoring and to assist in the process of selection for employment. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
Client Permission Policy:
With specific permission from client companies, we store some personal and company data from prospective employers so that we can assist you in delivering our service at the highest level and recruit stand out candidates for your companies vacancies. This Includes but is not limited to:
• Company address and contact details for recruiting and other managers
• Information about vacancies and placements
• Benefits and package information
• Signed Terms of Business / Preferred Supplier Agreements.
This permission is explicitly given when you accept and sign LeapUKs Terms of Business or when you agree to interview a candidate through LeapUK. Explicit permission will be sought before promoting / advertising any of the above information in the public domain.
How will LeapUK store your data?
LeapUK places great importance on the security of all information associated with our candidates, clients and 3rd party suppliers. The measures we use to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of customer data under our control include, but are not limited to the following:
• All stored data is password protected.
• LeapUK has refined its data storage processes which are now limited to one central email, CRM, website and database with a single encrypted back-up.
• Only authorised personnel have access to candidate, client and supplier information.
• All incoming information is streamlined through one channel and managed by one designated data lead who oversees it’s use.
• The LeapUK website uses secure server software (SSL) to encrypt any personal information you input before it is sent to us.
• LeapUKs security and privacy policies are reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
How will LeapUK use your data?
• With your explicit permission we will share your CV / information with clients / prospective employers who engage LeapUK’s services to recruit for specific roles that interest you.
• LeapUK will use your data to contact you about suitable jobs opportunities or with campaigns such as ‘recommend a friend’ to generate candidate referrals for specific jobs.
• Occasionally we may send you details of our products / services; blogs, marketing materials, events, jobs, candidates, news etc. which we think may be of interest.
• We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it believes that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of LeapUK and its websites, visitors to the websites and customers of our services.
• We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
If, at any time, you do not wish to receive information from us, please e-mail Allison@leapuk.com and your information will be deleted.
3rd Party Suppliers:
LeapUK uses third parties to help process non-personal information as part of the recruitment process. We may collect and aggregate data from the information supplied by you to help us to understand our users as a group so that we can provide you with a better service. This data includes:
• How and when you visited our website
• Applications submitted by you
• Your skills and experiences the appropriateness of your application/s for job opportunities
• Your IP address and information about the type of internet browsers you use, the site from which you linked to our website or how you browse our website.
• We may also share aggregate information with selected third parties.
We do not identify you from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective solutions / service on our website. You consent to us using information provided by you (including, without limitation, sensitive personal data) in each of these ways.
LeapUK uses Google Analytics and Website Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed on your device when you visit a website. It is generated by a web page server and can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site.
Data storage timeframes:
We will store your information for only as-long-as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
• Our Clients relationships have spanned up to 20 years, and the data for many of them is still relevant, so we store this information indefinitely, updating permissions and detail annually.
• Candidate data is different. We work in a niche market so on multiple occasions we have placed the same candidate several times over 15 years plus. It is also common for us to recruit a candidate only once, but for that process to take some time. For this reason, our policy is to retain candidate data for a period of 5 years from the point of an updated CV being received.
Any candidate or client can request for their information to be deleted. If, at any time, you wish for your info to be removed, please e-mail Allison@leapuk.com and this will be done and confirmed