Senior Marketing Manager, Subscriptions
Competitive Salary, package and excellent benefits
Having really set the pace for change within the UK newspaper industry in recent times, this Media Owner has evolved into a multi-platform digital operation that continues to deliver the highest quality journalism, setting the global news agenda. They also continue to be a brand of choice for the UK’s job seekers; recognised for their award winning daily newspaper, website, mobile offering and apps. Working within the central Customer Marketing team, the Senior Marketing Manager (Subscriptions) is a brand new role, designed to support the development and growth of the subscriptions business by devising and implementing campaigns that support strategic initiatives for acquisition and retention across all print and digital subscriptions.
Utilising all specialist teams within the Customer Marketing department – Design, Data and Performance Marketing (Media, SEO, PPC, Programmatic, Paid social and CRM) – the role will develop campaigns across the full marketing mix across Paid, Owned and Earned channels; effectively monitoring results and optimising to ensure that campaign objectives are achieved. The primary focus of this role is to oversee all marketing initiatives for the subscriptions business providing the vision and direction to grow and ensure the successful, long-term strategic development of the brand.
This will include:
- · Working closely with the senior subscriptions team to ensure campaigns are aligned to the strategy with clear KPIs.
- · Devising and implementing the campaign strategy across the full marketing mix of below and above-the-line channels (where relevant).
- · Prioritising campaigns, managing expectations and ensuring timely delivery.
Briefing the campaign to the Performance Marketing team (including objectives and budget).
- · Working alongside the team to set the strategy for delivering impactful multi-channel offline and online media campaigns that increase volume, generate revenue, build prospects, and drive engagement.
- · Working with internal and external creative and brand teams to deliver campaigns that effectively communicate the subscription proposition. Briefing the creative strategy across digital and print, ensuring marketing assets are produced on time and to a best in market standard that’s aligned to the brand.
- · Presenting the plans to the senior subscription stakeholders for approval and once approved ensuring plans are executed on time and on budget.
- · Monitoring results to optimise, expand and evolve campaigns, presenting results back to stakeholders.
- · Initiating ‘test and learn’ strategies to improve effectiveness of marketing assets.
- · Work with the subscription team to build and maintain a marketing calendar, identifying
- · cross-functional opportunities working alongside the wider consumer marketing team.
- · Support the growth of the app (tablet subscription product) working with stakeholders across the business (Product, Creative, UI). This will include working with the performance marketing team and ASO specialists to update the store listing pages and marketing collateral.
- · Work with Data and Performance Marketing team to ensure reporting suite allows for tracking of all required KPIs.
- · Oversee marketing budget management and forecasting. Working with the Subscription and Performance Marketing team to agree budget phasing and channel mix in-order-to hit agreed volume and revenue targets.
- · Brief PR/Comms team on new subscription initiatives to take advantage of Earned channel opportunities.
- · Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends. Understand and report on trends and innovative marketing techniques in the wider industry.
- · Prepare and update key documents efficiently and accurately including budget trackers; campaign calendars and material for senior stakeholder meetings.
Specific requirements / skills
- · A proven track record of successfully managing marketing campaigns for a B2C, marketing-led organisation across the full channel mix (subscription service experience preferable).
- · An excellent digital background. You should be able to point to successfully growing a brand through digital marketing initiatives in a previous role.
- · A strong project management skills with demonstrable ability to manage and deliver multiple projects successfully and to budget.
- · Strategic and commercial with drive, enthusiasm and determination.
- · Creative, with strong copywriting skills.
- · Solid understanding of digital marketing channels and strategies.
- · Ability to analyse campaigns and make decisions/recommendations based on data and insight.
- · Budget/forecasting experience based on KPIs and ROI.
- · Experience working with senior stakeholders and external agencies.
- · Excellent problem solver, offering the right balance of creativity and pragmatism, with the confidence to challenge assumptions and instigate positive change to achieve business goals.
- · Independent individual contributor and collaborative team player.
- · Excellent communication skills, ability to work confidently with internal and external teams.
- · Organised, professional and resilient with strong attention to detail.
- · A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment.
This role is a vital bridge between the Subscriptions profit center and marketing campaign activation – responsible for communicating this high-profile Newspapers digital and print subscriptions offering to the end consumer; understanding customer requirements and behaviours in order to deploy the right marketing channel at the right time with compelling offers (through utilising a highly proficient centralized marketing agency resource) to deliver growth. If you are a talented, senior level, ambitious multi-channel marketer with outstanding communications skills and a passion for media this role is a true gem! I addition the benefits and progression on offer are industry leading! To apply please do get in touch ASAP – this role will get snapped up! Contact Allison@leapuk.com now.