Senior Marketing Manager
Iconic News Media Brand
This independent publisher is hunting for a talented Senior Subscriptions Marketing Manager to drive offline and online subscription acquisition (and re-activation) within the existing customer base, and develop new and valuable relationships with a broader subscriber base.
Expected to participate in a variety of strategic and managerial meetings, acting as the liaison between their department and the other departments. The Senior Marketing Manager will report to the Head of Marketing.
Responsible for maintaining a series of on-going reports, including detailed acquisition/retention/effort analysis, registration conversion and engagement metrics and monitoring which should be updated regularly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze existing acquisition and retention strategies
- Create and propose framework for future best practice based offline and digital subscriptions growth strategy, winning sign off form senior management
- Liaise closely with wider business teams to ensure all proposed activity is in line with group commercial and strategic goals
- Collate, create, manage and distribute reports to provide insight on key acquisition and retention metrics
- Reduce drop-off rates, devising new and creative ways to improve visibility, and engagement
- Develop new retention and re-activation strategies (and implementation) for international existing customer base across all available channels
- Support the development of marketing campaigns which improve member perception subscription value
- Develop strategies for designing, testing and iterating new acquisition and retention ideas: A/B testing is at the heart of what we do
- Support the Head of Marketing in the implementation of audience segmentation modelling
- Work with the Head of Marketing on pricing, paywall and registration strategies, including testing and implementation
- Bring a customer-focused view to the marketing department, driving a better understanding of what existing customers want and barriers to renewal
- As we develop our online strategy through an agile digital development programme, you will be a key player in voicing the customer concerns of the project
- Successful track record of building and marketing to an existing subscription customer base, ideally in publishing in both online and offline channels
- Ideally degree / CIM qualified or similar
- Experience executing re-activation/win-back campaigns
- CRM marketing experience, specifically in segmentation and a targeting within a community of customers
- A hands-on approach to Marketing with a passion for testing; naturally results-driven
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills/high competence in Excel
- Proven experience in driving high levels of engagement to customers, with a clear ability to articulate outputs and metrics
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Direct to consumer subscriptions marketing experience
- Basic HTML skills
You will be a creative thinker with a track record of implementing results-driven marketing strategies in a publishing / content lead environment. This is a small team, so you need to be very clear thinking, robust very sure-footed from a subs marketing perspective, and commercially driven to succeed and get satisfaction in this role. If this sounds like you, this role presents an ideal opportunity to take an editorially highly recognised magazine brand and be the primary reason for it’s marketing success!
Personally interested in web and e-commerce, and an active user of social media?
Passionate about magazines (digital and print), with an understanding of the consumer magazines?
Please get in touch ASAP if this sounds like your ideal new role!