Senior Brand Manager
National Newspaper Brand
Role Purpose and Responsibilities:
As Senior Brand Manager, you’ll be part of the highly-driven Customer Team which influences the business wherever customers engage with the brand, across data and insights, brand, consumer marketing, CRM, PR and design. The team has oversight of customer strategy in the areas including, but not limited to subscriptions, product development, internal engagement and events as well as working closely with editorial.
In this role you’ll act as brand guardian, implementing the brand guidelines across the various consumer touchpoints and evolving them to meet the future needs of the business, including partnering with business unit and editorial leads to shape extensions to include new initiatives, such as our recent launches.
You’ll support all marketing efforts across brand, editorial promotion, subscriptions, customer retention, events and commerce by ensuring the brand is presented faithfully according to guidelines with the highest standards. From idea to execution, you’ll work across a varied mix of creative and commercial outputs reviewing the brand treatment, in application and design, ensuring it’s used by our and partner teams in ways that truly represent the newspaper and it’s digital content as the nation’s leading quality newsbrand. You’ll also manage our team of brand writers and sub-editors who support our brand marketing and commerce initiatives, ensuring that we not only look our best and most appropriate, but we read in ways that are true to our values and purpose. No mean feat!! You’ll also work closely with our design, editorial and product teams to ensure launches of new initiatives and platforms are executed faithfully to guidelines.
As Senior Brand Manager, you’ll have proven experience in dealing with stakeholders of all levels across a large, matrixed and multi-faceted organisation, having the relationship skills to communicate the required scope of your involvement and the tenacity to stay close to the finest of details in determining approaches that are best for the brand.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Translating guidelines into innovative brand and commercial propositions, working in partnership with a variety of stakeholders
- Executing creative and messaging strategies across channels
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills. A passion for words and writing!
- Ease with managing projects of varying sizes
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
- A positive, can do approach
- Experience in dealing with fast-paced product and design teams
- A meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
- An in-depth knowledge of and genuine passion for the media and news marketplace
- An avid interest in news, current affairs, sport, culture and commercial offerings and the curiosity to investigate and become more deeply interested in those areas
- Experience in performance-oriented people management
- Desk research skills
Useful Additional Skills:
- B2B marketing and sales operations
- Event planning and management
- Experience in partnering with PR/Comms teams on outputs
What you can expect?
You will be contributing directly to shaping the future of the UK’s leading quality newsbrand. In return for your investment in our purpose and vision, you will enjoy a range of flexible benefits that help you shape your life against your priorities. From health and well-being for you and loved ones, maternity and paternity leave, childcare, discounts and cash back with local retailers, as well as the medical services, fitness and wellness classes and gym facilities. All of this on top of fantastic career development opportunities, and a super passionate, talented team to work with every day!