EVENT AND CONTENT MANAGER
LEADING RACING MAGAZINE
A new opportunity has arisen for a talented Event and Content Manager to create and deliver a successful and profitable annual series of events that bring this motorsport brand to life. The events will generate real value for consumers and deliver for sponsor’s and other commercial partner’s objectives, pre and post the event and at the event itself.
This role will;
- Be responsible for the P&Ls for each event, accurately forecasting and reporting all revenues and costs so profitability can be easily tracked and measured versus budget and year-on-year.
- Ensure events are achieving budget and make or suggest necessary cost saving actions where required to achieve plan.
- Ensure each event is evaluated versus explicit KPIs and objectives, for example, financial, audience participation / engagement or digital scale.
- Ensure all day-to-day event and related content responsibilities are addressed at and for all events.
- Work with marketing, editorial and commercial to ensure maximum exposure of the event to our audience to maximise ticket sales.
- Ensure the sales team has all relevant information to sell the event or event series to potential sponsors.
- Work with editorial to source car content and motor racing names.
- A primary focus of the role is to create successful, sustainable, profitable new events
- Working with publishing, editorial, marketing and commercial departments the role will identify potential new events or series of events and test their validity against explicit objectives and KPIs. The type of event is only limited by successfully delivering on these KPIs and objectives
- Work with marketing, editorial and commercial to produce annual marketing plans for all events with clearly stated KPIs and objectives
Event / Content Management
- Focus on establishing a 12 month programme of events to give visibility to the commercial team to facilitate sponsorship sell
- Work with the marketing and third party organisations to plan attendance at owned and non owned events, sourcing vehicle and people content (where applicable) at trade events, consumer events and race meetings
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future decision making
Budgeting and Planning
- Work with Publisher to set budgets for all events, new and existing. Ensure P&Ls are updated monthly and or after each event. Reforecast when required through the year. Make / suggest savings where possible.
- Keep timely and accurate records and communicate campaign results and key developments to the Publisher and wider team through regular reports, team meetings and other means, as determined by the management team.
- Monitor the activities and performance of the other related magazines and events in the market and review activities and advise on actions where applicable.
- Keep an ongoing research document reviewing event venues in the market and keep in mind other venues for our main and smaller events.
- Attend appropriate exhibitions and training to keep up to date with current ideas and technology
KPI’s and Objectives of the role
- Research and launch a series of profitable new events that deliver versus objectives of events.
- These will be specific to individual events but include for example, revenue, profit, audience scale, audience engagement, sponsor objectives, digital scale, subscription sales.
- Deliver current events to budget and to agreed objectives and KPIs as above
- Create accurate and transparent p&ls for existing and new events
The role requires a motivated self starter who can work independently and in a management matrix. You will have a solid understanding of how to produce a successful B2C event from creation through to marketing of the event on and off line, to the execution of the event and post event promotion.
In conjunction with marketing, the post holder will understand and exploit the wider benefits that can be accrued from events, make best use of content generated at the event (pictures, words, video, audio, on and off line), to further monetise the event, (e.g. through podcast sponsorship) and to promote the brand and increase the profitability / attractiveness of events in the future.
Overseas travel may be required. Full driving license is essential. Events throughout the year mean some weekend work / late evenings – time off in lieu is offered in return for this.