CRM Manager / Executive
Children’s Newspaper Brand
Throughout its thirteen-year history, this ever-growing children media company has been at the forefront of exciting new developments in the publishing industry. The fast-paced, dynamic and lively working environment attracts people who are passionate about the work they do and driving the brand from strength to strength.
The successful candidate has the core objective of owning and developing the CRM marketing function across 2 key consumer brands; they will work closely with the Group Marketing Manager to effectively formulate CRM strategy, and then own the whole process from creative to tactical campaign delivery and evaluation of results. The position provides an excellent opportunity to join a progressive organisation offering ongoing career development with incentives for great performance in a fun and supportive environment. A great work-life balance is encouraged allowing you to enjoy and excel at what you do with a competitive salary.
Summary of role:
The role is responsible for CRM across 2 key consumer brands, and the ideal candidate will deliver retention targets and develop an on-going loyalty and engagement programme to the two different target audiences with the key aim of increasing subscription lengths.
As the Consumer team’s CRM professional within the business, you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop and implement your strategic vision and to act as the customer’s champion within the business. The role requires excellent analytical skills and a strong digital focus, along with impeccable attention to detail.
- To ensure all retention and loyalty targets are met or exceeded.
- To contribute to delivering or exceeding the subscription volume and revenue targets set in the annual budget.
- Work with the Consumer Marketing Manager to plan and implement new CRM journeys that aim to nurture, engage, and support the customer base, ultimately resulting in improved customer lifetime value.
- To work on improving the customer journey and manage all communication.
- To successfully migrate customers to our other age appropriate brands as children reach the right age .
- To develop innovative multichannel CRM strategies, ensuring all activity is prioritised according to profitability.
- To keep our products at the forefront of CRM and subscriptions retention techniques with innovative direct marketing and best practice both on and offline.
- To work towards automation of CRM, reducing focus on ad-hoc ‘broadcast’ and towards lifecycle-led messages coordinated across channels.
- To keep up to date on and ensure compliance with data protection legislation and best practice.
- To work in partnership with the rest of the consumer marketing team to ensure that messages are consistent across all customer communications.
- To provide regular analysis on CRM activity and also to support acquisition campaigns.
- Implement segmentation using a variety of tools and CRM systems to target relevant communications to different subscribers
- To work with the subscription bureau to manage reporting, data flow, communication set up and as the main contact for the customer service team.
- Proven success in managing CRM campaigns
- Highly numerate with a good analytical mind
- Ability to understand our audiences (parents and children)
- Close attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of forecasting and producing “What If” scenarios
- Solid copy writing skills
- Self motivated, proactive, resourceful and creative type
- Ability to manage a high and varied workload and thrive under pressure
- The courage to keep on asking “why do we do it that way?”