ECRM Marketing Manager
Iconic Consumer Magazine Brand
The ECRM Marketing Manager is responsible developing and executing the email communication strategy for this iconic UK consumer magazine brand, taking customers on a journey from consideration to purchase and from purchase to engagement to win-back.
By delivering and implementing the marketing communication plans, the role is responsible for increasing customer acquisition volumes, value, engagement and retention through effective monitoring and development of ECRM techniques.
As the go to person for CRM and Email marketing, the ECRM Marketing Manager will champion and monitor best practice techniques for all communication strategies.
The role is also responsible for ensuring lead generation and customer experience communication strategy is aligned and without conflict, and will work with internal stakeholders, key agencies and suppliers to ensure ECRM ROI and enhanced customer experience in the delivery of volume and revenue targets.
As ECRM Marketing Manager you will:
1. Develop and implement the Email/ CRM strategy
- Manage the prioritisation matrix delivering key milestones in accordance with roadmap
- Responsible for the audit, review, development and execution of the ECRM plan
- Work with internal teams to realise data potential and segmentation opportunities
- Create rolling test plan
- Create relevant and timely and actionable analysis to further develop ECRM strategy
2. Campaign Planning and Execution
- Responsible for conceptualising and managing a diverse range of ECRM campaigns and initiatives. This includes idea generation and exploration, preparing and presenting proposals, overseeing the creative and production processes and championing successful execution
- With internal stakeholder support, responsible for segmentation and targeting of ECRM campaigns
- Building / modelling and executing campaigns using current email platform (Exact Target)
- Build a detailed, bottom-up annual budget for area of responsibility. Supply key inputs to the quarterly reforecast, using the most accurate, up-to-date information available. Be prepared to discuss assumptions used for developing budgets and forecasts
4. Special Projects
- Participate in a variety of special projects as requested, including explorations of system or process improvements, new retention categories, and joint projects with Customer Service.
5. Campaign reporting & development
- Analyse campaign outcomes in detail, using a variety of proprietary software applications. Draw insights and present results clearly to facilitate sound decision making on next steps
- Report results of campaigns internally – to sales and marketing team and clients – and build and follow up as appropriate.
- Own formal monthly reporting and ad-hoc reporting as required to support business needs
- Work to resolve any issues and problems relating to the broadcast and scheduling of emails are resolved in an accurate and timely fashion
- Provide feedback and advice on campaign improvements and how to follow up campaigns
- Offer support and advice on email best practise to ensure teams understand results and how to improve them
6. Segmentation and Targeting
- Targeting – ensuring the campaign reaches the right audience
- Social – integrate links to social media e.g. Facebook, You Tube, Twitter
- Telemarketing / SMS – integrate telemarketing / SMS communications where appropriate
- Proofing emails – ensuring the campaign is technically correct and getting feedback from necessary stakeholders
- Timing – ensuring the right campaign is broadcast at the right time
- Host images – promotional headers images etc as required
- Tracking – ensuring all relevant tracking is in place
Skills and Experience:
The relevant candidate should have the ability to plan, implement, manage and report on CRM/Email marketing campaigns and have strong commercial awareness.
- 2-3+ years CRM/Email marketing experience
- A natural flare with writing and communicating (fluency in English is essential)
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of email marketing strategies and tactics, including strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- CRM/Email marketing experience: examples of marketing work undertaken in email marketing that has seen a clear and marked uplift in sales
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in CRM/email marketing and measurement
- Demonstrate experience where you have successfully guided projects in the above areas (Role Responsibilities)
- Naturally intuitive, a creative problem solver, questions the norm
- Confident in data analysis and the associated tools to manipulate and present to stakeholders
- Good communication skills
- Ability to foster and maintain stakeholder relationships across all levels
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude. Problem solver
- Able to work effectively to tight deadlines and stay calm under pressure
- Attention to detail is vital
- Exceptionally organised
- Works well on own initiative but also a strong team player
- Graduate with 2:1 and good A Levels, ideally English, Maths, Science